Van Isle Windows Ltd. is growing and we are hiring qualified Carpenters
This position offers something different and challenging every day as well as the opportunity to work for a well established company who has been in business for 40 years! We not only take pride in our workmanship, we have fun too and strive to provide our customers with exceptional service all the time. We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and are comitted to safe working practices.
Our ideal candidate is well versed in all aspects of building and construction. You are excited to work with us and are committed to growing our business and developing and mentoring a team to be able to take on and execute both smaller and larger jobs under your direction.
This is both a leadership and hands on position that includes:
- installing windows, patio doors and entry doors in both replacement or new construction
- installation of replacement skylights
- installation of sun-tunnels
- installation of various trims and trim details, both inside and outside
- preparing and installing various flashing details
- framing and rot repairs
- roofing knowledge
- insulating (foaming) and caulking
- sheathing and papering
- ability to work off ladders and/or scaffolding
- building envelope knowledge
- interaction with customers daily, both internal and external
- Construction experience, might be a journeyman carpenter
- Familiar with with BC codes and ratings
Qualifications that would be an asset but not required are:
- Some experience in reading blueprints for both multi family and single family dwellings
- Excellent customer service skills
- First Aid Certification (of any kind)
- Genie Lift Operator Certification
- Fall Protection Training
- Asbestos Abatement Certification
We offer a benefit package after the qualifying period to our full time employees. Hand tools provided initially and all large tools provided by the company
The successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check, reference check and drivers abstract.
If you want to work for a well established company, then contact us today. These jobs are available immediately to the right person.
Please send your resume to Chris Lamothe (Clamothe@vanislewindows.com) or drop off at our office located at 404 Hillside Avenue, Victoria, BC V8Y 1Y7 Attention Adam Hess, Assistant Operations Manager.
Van Isle Windows Ltd. Is an equal opportunity employer.